Monday, October 15, 2007

It's Tommy!


I like Tommy Lee Jones. So do the Japanese. His new billboard is out, and he's looking real happy about it.

In other news, well there's not much to report. Getting all self-conscious -n- stuff, now with my brothers exciting and fast-paced blog out there. Ok...we are going to China next week, I guess that's pretty good now. Although, unlike my brother, I will not be sleeping on the ground, surrounded by bugs and dung.
I am happy about that.

Ira surprised the family and booked a suite at the Grand Hyatt (woo woo!) in Bejing which supposedly has a pool that is of decadent romanesquian (?) grandeur. I'm gettin' happier by the moment.

By the way, for those of you wondering, my brother Kevin is (pedal)biking all over the dang world. If you want to read about it, it's really good, quick (and fascinating!) reading. Click here
He is in South America right now. This trip started mid-August, 2007. Please no comparing/contrasting these 2 blogs. Thank-you.

So we have only 7+ months left here in Japan. Time is really flying. Once again, I extend an invitation for friends and family. I believe, at some point to various people, (at least 1!) I said "you pay the airfare, and we will take care of the rest..."

I take that back. Bring cash. Bring lots of cash. And if you have any cash right now, I'd appreciate it if you'd send it to me right away.
Thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Donald Kilpela Sr. said...

Trina,

Stop worrying about Kevin. We love your blog so keep it coming. You are so lucky to be able to have these experiences and for us to enjoy them vicariously is wonderful. Betty and I talk about Japan but at the age of 77 I am starting to get doubts about getting real sick with one of those viruses you described.

Incidentally, I know how you feel because I too have been reticent to write my own blog and have let it languish a bit.

Uncle Don

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina, I finally found my password for this blog. How about a piece on the food over there? I will never forget the variety of fish and sea creatures that you can find in the grocery store. Some photos? What about your dolls?

And Uncle Don, I have been waiting to read your next installment of the adventures on the MacVie.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thx Uncle D:

The virus thing is kind of scary. I often get notices that come home from school alerting me of some strange sounding illness with very strange symptoms that has been going around, and my sons have been exposed.
Let's just get thru this winter...
Still, there is always Spring for a visit, but I get it if you don't want to take the chance.
Hey, let's meet in Costa Rica, at my Dad's beachfront condo--soon to come---I'm waiting.

Katrina

4:59 AM  
Blogger Capt. Donald Kilpela Sr. said...

Happy Birthday, Ira. The Finns have a saying on your 50th birthday: "You're going on 60."

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home