Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The slug makes an entry


Attempting to study my Japanese. Oops, I'm
not doing too well.



Sorry I have not yet talked about our vacation. I am so drained from the heat that I can't think straight. Really, it's been bad and I have fallen into somewhat of a depression because of it. I feel like I am sick, actually. A real break today, it cooled off considerably, and I had a cup of hot tea, something unthinkable lately.

But anyway I am here to post a few shots and say a couple things.

Nick Gaulier, (15) my cousins kid was here for a couple weeks. Had a great time. Nick is funny and easy to get along with . We took a trip out of town into the mountains and saw great stuff. He got quite good with the chopsticks, even though at times he ate his rice grain by grain.
Now off to Cambodia...
Here is Angkor Wat. These temples are nearly 900 years old. There are several of these ancient Buddhist sites around Siem Reap, but this is the largest and most well preserved.I loved Cambodia. I am not sure why, but the people seemed to be crazy about us. Must not get too many foreigners with kids, and a curly blond baby. They would stop in their tracks to come over to see us, like we were long lost family, and gave off such a genuine feeling of happiness with gigantic smiles.
One excited woman approached me asking, "Your family?"
I said "yes."
she gleefully yelled, "You so happy!"

I don't remember if I was really happy quite at that very moment, but, she decided I was, so I got happy right then. They don't have much material stuff there, and family must be everything, so the bigger the family, surely the better and happier your life must be.

It was one of those moments to be thankful for. And there were quite a few of them.
One of the "7-11's" of Siem Reap.


More on Cambodia later. I'm tired and going to bed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Donald Kilpela Sr. said...

Trina,


As a part Finn, you should know that Finns drink hot coffee on a hot day. They claim it cools them. I tried it and I think it works. So give Ira some real hot tea when he comes home all tired and sweaty. It will cool him down.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks but there are better things than hot tea for cooling me down...

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home