Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Cicada attack

I found 2 cicada shots that Celia took, so you can get an idea of what we are talking about. This first shot is of the shell that it has left behind. Apparently, they live in the ground for something like 7 years, then make their way to the surface, find a comfy spot up high in a tree, shed their shell, and sing like crazy for 10 days, then die.Here's the mature mama. Singin' away. That's all I know. Why the big wings? I don't think they fly anywhere.

I never posted any shots of our summer visitor, Nick Gaulier. A few shots. Celia, 13 and Nick, 15. Kev in background.
Joe (10) and NickCleansing, before entering a temple

1 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Donald Kilpela Sr. said...

Katrina,

I read your comment on Kevin's blog about feeling like you are doing nothing exceptional or interesting. Not so, my sweetie, I am reading your blog with envy and intense interest. You keep it up. And often.

I would do well in Japan because my hearing is such that I would not hear a cicada or a cricket and probably not a tree frog. And, incidentally, hearing aids are on the way for me...ugh.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home