Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hoian Market pix


classic image: mom in love with baby.

The dock at the market in Hoian. You'd never know it, but it was so hot and smelly here, that it kind of burned your eyes. There was a puddle of hot mystery moisture that I stepped in, and my foot was stinky sopping and didn't dry off for about an hour. A feeling and a smell that I can't quite forget!

Beach in Hoian

A lot of little old ladies working hard in sweltering heat. I cannot tell you how many really elderly women I saw carrying lots of heavy things. I wanted to just stop them and say, "Hey, where you going? Stop.. let me carry that!" Some tough gals...

Here's Granny, waiting for customers, in a 7-11 type. We bought a cheap and dusty bottle of red wine that was, um...quite tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home