Tuesday, August 21, 2007

OK, time for routine

Nice and boring everyday routine, come and get me.

Back from all travel for awhile and it has been great, but I need to slow down and sleep in my own bed for a few months straight.

Cambodia and Vietnam...what great places to go. Don't know how to begin. I highly recommend it, but maybe not with a 1 year old.
It seems the more I travel to, and learn about these different and exotic places, the more I realize how little I know about everything in the world.
Really, there is so much I do not know.

Take for example, Khmer. I have never even heard of the word before--the Cambodian people, let alone Khmer food, Khmer tradition, the incredible history of Khmer civilization! It of course is mind boggling, and I left these countries having learned just little bits of information here and there. (It was a bit difficult to really concentrate on the cultures, as the 1 year old was very consumed in sampling the tasty little bits of 3rd world gutter garbage, thus I was on hyper vigilant alert, as there are no typhoid shots for babies that young.)
I would say the top 3 things that I come away with, from visiting these places are:

1) I really really like and admire Buddhists
2) As an American woman, I truly do live like a queen
3) the food was the best I have ever eaten. It was like a drug. (maybe there were drugs in it?!)

Really. Maybe it's the loads of fresh herbs, I don't know. Tasty beyond belief. And healthy to boot.

to be continued....

By the way, I read the cheese blog, and I am sorry that I went on and on about the dang cheese for so long. It was a bit much. I will try to not obsess again, or at least not blog about it!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great, that will be my next trip. Whatever happened to the cheese?

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home