Monday, December 03, 2007

I want to yell.


Katrina, pretending to be relaxed, at the Hyatt in Beijing



One more thought on the yelling that goes on in China.

I don't normally yell too much. Usually it's in the evenings after I had a few glasses of wine have asked various kids to do certain things 10 times. Then I finally yell.

After thinking about it, I believe that I could actually live in China, as smelly and crowded and insane as it is, just for the yelling in public. How freeing it would be, don't you think? Maybe for just like a year or something.

Can you imagine how much fun it could be?
To just start yelling at the grocery.
Pumping gas.
In the Doctors office. "HEY I'VE BEEN WAITING 15 MINUTES! WHAT'S GOING ON BACK THERE!? I'M HUNGRY AND I HAVE TO PICK A KID UP FROM SCHOOL!!! LET'S GO"!

And it would be just normal to everybody. Stress would disappear.
I like the thought of it and I have to talk to Ira about it right away.

Yelling. In China.
It's a good thing.


Speaking of Ira, I received a phone call from him the other night, he called me from WAL-MART in Southern Florida. (He is in the US for meetings). Anyway, it is 10:30 pm here in Tokyo, I am laying in bed, and he calls while strolling the aisles, wanting some advice on what to buy. That was kind of funny to me. Shopping in Wal-mart, via cell phone, in Japan.
In my jammies.

In other news, I was asked to participate in an art exhibition in San Francisco. The show, called "tinyshop" runs from Nov-Jan. I am exhibiting 5 pieces. There is a blog about the show that the curator is writing, if you want to check it out--there is a cheesy bit about me, under the artists section. I really don't know how I have the time to create, it's painfully slow going, but I do get a lot of inspiration living here, which I will really miss when we are gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home