Monday, December 10, 2007

Fall is here


Here's a couple shots of nature in Kinuta park yesterday.

A really lovely fall day.








Something I say a lot in this country


About the Finnish cafe that I mentioned a few posts back... I decided to wait for a weekday to go visit because it was so packed on the weekends, with people lined up outside looking at the menu waiting to get in.

Well we drove past it, and it didn't even exist anymore. Absolutely bare, not a trace that it was ever even there. I wonder if I dreamt the whole thing up.
Was it a movie set or something?

Just one of the many very odd things that happen here in Japan, and you never find out why.

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Donald Kilpela Sr. said...

That Finlandia Cafe thing is a hoot. I went back and checked out the picture and it looks to me that it was just a tent of sorts. Some crazy Finns either having fun or doing a movie.

We have been away for the past 3 weeks and are now in ANN ARBOR and heading home after some dental work at the UofM Dental Clinic.

We met Mike's new bride and may I say that she is some catch. Lucky him...and, of course, lucky her.

I read all ther blogs every day and will start updating mine very soon.

Love to all the kids...and even Ira.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Actually Uncle Don regarding the cafe, there was a whole inside part you could see from the street with many beautiful (probably fake) birch trees in between the tables and around. You could see the classic scandinavian design on the walls. And beautiful lighting. But it really must of been a movie set--maybe that's why all the people were there lined up --to audition.

Either way, I was disappointed. It looked like such a nice and cozy place to go regularly.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home