Friday, June 06, 2008

Goodbye Japan

In our last few days spent here, Ira and I went together to Kamakura, my absolute favorite place in Japan. 
An ancient womens cemetary, on a giant forested
 slope.  The air is heavy and very rich with fragrant nature.  Little paths meandering through the graves sites, the trickling sounds of tiny waterfalls, big moss and vine covered walls, dripping with moisture,  the echo of the birds. 
I found these mushrooms on a rock.  Not even 1/2 " tall. 
Such a quiet, peaceful and perfect place.  I gathered leaves, twigs, tiny pebbles, fallen bamboo. Hope to make a small collage with my findings of this place that I love and will miss so much.
A wonderful last memory.
 

 
June 7.  We are ending another chapter and leaving Japan in just a few hours.
I have to go pack, Ira is pushing me to end this. I will continue when I return home. 

Sayonara Japan, arigato gozaimas

3 Comments:

Blogger CLK Rotary Club said...

Welcome home, Katrina and everyone. What an adventure you've had. That is something to be envied by all and I'm so happy you shared some of it with us. There must be so much more, so many more pictures, and so many unreported incidents both funny and sad. Little by little you'll let them out. But best of all, you will always have those experiences in common with your children and husband. What a good thing. Please stay in touch and we'll surely get together soon.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Capt. Donald Kilpela Sr. said...

Sorry about that Katrina. I posted that last comment under my Rotary Club Blog which I write.

Talk to you soon. Uncle Don

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the video.

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home