Thursday, May 29, 2008

Countdown to June 7.

I guess the countdown really begins with just 8 days to go huh? Wow, seems unreal to me, as this house and neighborhood have become home.

It is so humid and fragrant here this time of year.



Quite lovely. Preparing mentally for the semi-arid environment.

Packing. thankfully we don't have to actually pack things in boxes, the movers will do that. But like many people, we tend to collect a lot of crap, and I don't want to transport that back home and add it to all the other stuff crammed in the storage room. Lots of sorting being done.

The kids have entered into their final exams. Everyone is busy and excited.
So I thought that I'd post some random photos of Japan, seeing that I never really got around to that.

By the way, if anyone would like me to bring some tasty dried sea critters (or what not) back to the US, I'd be happy to. Please get your requests in soon. Some of you have some favorites,
otherwise just suggest 'ocean surprise.'



A Japanese wedding procession



bride and groom

Mt Fuji, last March, with Annika in the foreground

A typical beautifully wrapped gift

sashimi in the local grocery

incense at Kamakura

I have a hunch this guy is praying for cheese




This is a short clip of an outdoor performance we went to when my brother Steve was here. An Australian group travels around and performs this acrobatic type dancing/movement etc., to music, while harnessed to these bendable poles. Really interesting and different. Have never seen anything like it. So much fun to watch. Apparently, the music in this clip is Finnish, so Steve says.

Off to bed.

Final thoughts and goodbyes to Japan coming soon, very soon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, it was the trip of a lifetime, particularly for the kids!!! In fact it has pretty much been all of Annika's lifetime!

Time to come home to you mountain home and your neurotic dog! Your neighbors and friends on Dogwood Drive have waited too long to boogie in the basement with you! See you soon..................A

8:44 AM  
Blogger Capt. Donald Kilpela Sr. said...

Gee whiz, Trina, I will miss your blog. I hope you keep writing it when you get back to Colorado.

And Copper Harbor awaits your return as well.

Haven't heard from Kevin. I can't even open his Kevinkoski.com web page much less his blog. I think the Chinese read some of his posts and have permanently deleted him from the internet.

Do you know anything about that?

We are irritated that we didn't chance the flu thing and come to Japan. Oh well, this too shall pass...

Love to all.....Uncle

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home